Prices are subject to change without notice until a reservation is accepted. Your reservation request will be followed with a reservation confirmation notice. Please read the detail herein, since an acknowledgement is required to submit the reservation request and complete the process. If your travel plans are uncertain, please make a reservation after arrangements for your visit are settled. We are only a 5 room Inn, with a staff of 2. Cancellations are a financial hardship to the business and we appreciate everyone understanding the gravity of confirmed reservations.
All published rates assume up to double occupancy in one Queen Bed, private bathroom, and full hot breakfast. Certain Suites: Glazier, Robert's Penthouse & Carriage House accommodate 1-2 additional guests. There is a charge of $30/person/night for each person over 2 people in these suites. If a Suite is selected for a party of 2, and the second bed is added-on for use, the second bed add-on results in a $15 service charge and a minimum 24 hour prior notice is needed to ensure the bed is made for use upon arrival.
Check-in: occurs between 4:00 & 7:00 pm*
Check-out: is at 11:00 am
Guests with children under 12 years of age are accommodated in the Carriage House. Infant and Toddler equipment: High Chairs, Booster Seats, Cribs, Playpens, changing tables or protective stair gates that might be needed can be brought in since we have no inventory of these speciality items for our guests.
*Bookings made on the same day as the arrival date are accepted only until 1:00pm of that day and require live conversation with the Innkeeper. Reservations made after 1:00pm on the intended arrival date should be made via phone or some phone contact will be needed to ensure your reservation can be taken.
Your reservation includes either a more than 14 or more than 60 day cancellation notice requirement. Only cancellations received more than 14 days before your reservation arrival date will be free from charge, except for *Special Event, Holiday dates, multi-room/multi-night Bookings & Whole House Bookings which carry a more than 60 day notice of cancellation requirement. Whole House Bookings and a Special Event dates require deposit of one nights stay or half of the reservation amount whichever is higher.
60 day notice of Cancellation - *Special Event and Holiday dates in 2015 include:
- 01/15- 01/18/2016: Martin Luther King's Birthday Holiday Weekend
- 02/09- 2/17/2016: Valentine's Day Week, Weekend & Presidents Holiday Week
- 04/27 - 05/03/2016: University of Michigan Graduation - 2 night minimum stay, prepaid and non-refundable
- 05/05- 05/10/2016 Mother's Day Weekend
- 05/25 - 05/31/2015 Memorial Day Holiday
- 06/08 - 06/13/2016: June MIS Race Week
- 06/29 - 07/05/2016 Independence Day Holiday
- 07/20 - 08/01/2016: The Ann Arbor Art Fair Week & Weekend & Chelsea Summer Festival
- 08/24 - 08/29/2016: August MIS (NASCAR) Race Week - 2 night minimum stay
- 08/30 - 09/06/2016: Labor Day Weekend
- All University of Michigan Football Friday & Saturday Home Games as follows:
- 09/01 - 09/06/2016 Hawaii & Labor Day Weekend - Two Night Minimum
- 09/08 - 09/12/2016 Central Florida - Two Night Minimum
- 09/15 - 09/19/2016 Colorado - Two Night Minimum
- 10/31 - 10/02/2016 Wisconsin - Two Night Minimum
- 10/14 - 10/16/2016 Penn State - Two Night Minimum
- 10/21 - 10/23/2016 Illinois (Homecoming) - Two Night Minimum
- 11/04 -11/06/2016 Maryland (Parents Weekend) - Two Night Minimum
- 11/18 - 11/20/2016 Indiana - Two Night Minimum
- 09/22 - 09/26/2016: Ghoultide Weekend
- 11/22-11/28/2016: Thanksgiving Week
- 12/21/2015-01/01/2016 Christmas & New Years Weeks
- Jeff Daniels "Live & Unplugged" Performance events whenever they occur.
- Multi-Room and Multi-Night Group and Whole Main House Bookings
Reservations fitting the detailed list above, that are cancelled, for any reason, lacking more than 60 days notice starting at 12:01 am of the arrival date, as acknowleded and agreed to during the reservation submission process, will be handled as follows if notice of cancellation is received:
1.0) The credit card provided with the booking will have a pre-authorization at the time of cancellation notice, for the unpaid amount of the booking.
2.0) We will make every effort to re-book the room night(s) cancelled and if we are able to re-book the room (s) we will:
- 2.1) Collect a re-booking service charge of $35/room/night and deduct the service fee from the deposit collected and the remainder of the deposit will be returned, or
- 2.2) In the case when the reservation did not include a deposit, and we are able to re-book the room(s), the credit card used to secure the reservation will be charged a re-booking service charge of $35/room/night and the credit card pre-authorization will be released for the remaining amount.
3.0) If the reservation is cancelled, for any reason, with less than the stipulated number of days notice stated in the cancellation policy given: more than 14 days or more than 60 days for those dates ands situations specifically listed above, and our efforts to re-book the room are unsuccessful, the credit card of the party making the reservation will be charged in full for the booking. If a deposit was collected, the credit card will be charged for the remainder of the booking that is yet unpaid.
While we sympathize, confirmed bookings have meant others were turned away who wanted the room while it was held for the booking party. As a small local business our guests share in the burden of last minute changes. Our room inventory is just too small to sustain short notice cancellations that cannot be re-booked after we've turned others away.
Our Inn is a non-smoking facility. Guests who smoke may do so on the front porch or grounds of the Inn.
We hope you enjoy your stay at Chelsea House Victorian Inn! If there is anything that we can do to make your stay more memorable, then please just let us know!